DT Technician needed for long term Maternity cover
Your new company
Long term contact to cover maternity has arisen at a challenging yet inspirational School based in Gloucestershire. Set in modern, almost college like surroundings the School is one that promotes continuous development, constantly learning and developing both pupils, staff and the processes and procedures it has in place.
With excellent career potential, where development and learning is encouraged this position is for approximately nine months but due to growth plans there is the possibility of extension or permanent work for the right candidate.
The role is to report in to the Head of Technology and provide support across the subject both behind the scenes and in class where require. Some of the duties will include:
- You will be required to prepare, provide and return tools, equipment and materials as necessary to enable staff and students to function effectively, including using woodwork machinery such as band saw, drill and circular saw.
- To ensure that all workshop and practical areas, tools, equipment, computer software and materials are kept in an operable and safe manner and ready for use by staff and students.
- To assist technically in the use of 2D and 3D CAD programs and to be able to technically support students in classes.
- To set up examples, specific demonstrations, example work in the use of CAD/CAM to support the classroom teacher.
- To check ICT equipment before use and after use to ensure safety and that all equipment is being kept in very good condition
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience within a similar role - within a School environment would be advantageous
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject or with relatable experience
- Professional and well organised
- Enthusiasm for Technology
- Flexible and hardworking
- Available for immediate start
- Candidates with experience in woodwork and workshop practice or equivalent would be an advantage
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.